About Protected Species
Protected Species designs, develops and markets a completely new concept: style-led performance apparel for women that can take you from boardroom to mountain peak. Protected Species first collection of fully waterproof jackets are the antithesis of current “outdoor” brands - as technical in performance ratings, but engineered in design, fabric and fit to offer a jacket a woman would choose to wear through style, rather than necessity.
The MarketThe brand’s USP is about fusing iconic style-led design with technical high performance fabrics, offering a collection which perfectly traverses the outdoor market and the mid to high-end high street, offering the opportunity to take market share from both sectors. Proven to cross market boundaries, the potential market size and international reach offers the growth opportunity required for investment.
The CompanyFIVE KEY FACTS:
- Style-led high performance apparel for women – taking you from boardroom to mountain peak
- All female team with substantial proven experience within the technical performance clothing arena from design to manufacture - making a tangible difference to the product
- Over 1500 units already sold to date through website and retail outlets both within the UK and in Europe - the concept is proven
- Celebrity links established in the form of PR and product exposure in the media
- New colour ranges, jacket types and product types in the pipeline - the aim is to change the way women think about waterproofs globally
The TeamAn all female team from design to manufacture, the two founders Rebecca McElligott and Anne Muir have the credentials, market focus (womenswear), network and passion required to drive a new brand into the market.
The team have proven their credentials in designing/developing a credible and commercial range, building the supply chain, selling the product and establishing considerable PR exposure. Protected Species are now looking to build on this early traction and raise a total £500,000 in exchange for a 33% equity stake in the company.
The investment would be used across all facets of the business; to increase stock levels, drive sales by implementing intense digital marketing services and create a strong operational team to distribute the collection and service the consumer effectively.
Join for free to view a more detailed plan.
Joining GrowthFunders only takes a couple of minutes.Login or Join